Is Russia a goal for visitors?

Visa requirements for Russia

Moderator: NewEra

OgulcaN

Is Russia a goal for visitors?

Post by OgulcaN » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:28 am

If you are from the west, you likely need a visa to enter Russia. For a U.S. citizen, the visa is essentially a formality, but you have to fill it out correctly. Read every single word in the instruction because the form is cryptic unlike other visa forms I have seen in the past like Brazil or China.

For example, I hired this company to write me a 2-week visitor invitation in 2016 to apply for a visa. Though my 1st visit would only be 2 weeks, I planned to return later. Thus, I applied for a 3 year multiple entry visa. Every other form I have come across in my life would have clear check boxes for 1-year, 2-year vs 3-year visa so that an applicant can simply tick it. The Russian form doesn’t (or at least didn’t)! So how do you communicate if you want to have a 3-year visa? Instead of entering a departure date 2 weeks from the entry date, you enter a date that is 3 years away (minus one day to be precise) instead and ignore the fact that your invitation is only good for a few days! It’s all in the instruction, but you need to read it carefully to notice it, which is a challenge for many Americans.

OgulcaN

Re: Is Russia a goal for visitors?

Post by OgulcaN » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 am

Yes, definitely. You have to get a visa though, and that may be not the easiest process, nor the cheapest (unless your country has some kind of visa waiver agreement with Russia).

OgulcaN

It definitely is.

We’re in Russia at the moment (having coffee at Nikita’s Homestead on Ol’khon Island to be exact).

It’s beautiful here. We spent the past two days exploring the island by foot and Russian minivan, we hired a rowboat and took it out on the worlds largest freshwater lake and sunbathed on the beach - yes, you read that correctly, we sunbathed on a beach in Siberia.

The people can seem stand-off-ish at first, but it’s just a cultural thing. As soon as you start chatting they open right up and become some of the most polite and welcoming people we’ve met.

If you want to start easy, you can get a 72hr visa free layover in Moscow or Saint Petersburg. Both big and beautiful cities with plenty to do. It will give you a bit of a taster for the culture.

OgulcaN

I recommend you to visit Saint Petersburg.

The city was designed to look European by Emperor/Caesar Peter the Great ( the city was named after him).you would feel like in Rome or Berlin in Saint Petersburg.

OgulcaN

Post by OgulcaN » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:30 am

Russia was like Italy , it had great architectures Russian Revival , Byzantines and Classical ones it was great place to visit.

OgulcaN

Russia was like Italy , it had great architectures Russian Revival , Byzantines and Classical ones it was great place to visit.

OgulcaN

Why not? So many beautiful women! Haha

Look at the Attorney General of Crimea. Public servants don’t look this good in the U.S.!

[Updated July 24, 2018: She is now member of the Russian congress. Politics never looks this good!]

HenrySow

Is Russia a goal for visitors

Post by HenrySow » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Dont you think Russia would use nuclear weapons if China tried to conquer Siberia?

SharonBak

Is Russia a goal for visitors

Post by SharonBak » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Thats why i am asking...or you asking me...?...
Thats the nautralised part i am sure...but for under 18s..? Not sure hoping someone might have done it or someone knows who has done it....

___
XEvil 4.0: best CAPTCHA's solver, included ReCaptcha-2 and ReCaptcha-3!
1fatp8uh3k5159596